Thursday, July 30, 2026

The Gathering VII - 2026

Another spectacular Gathering in Charlotte this past week. I have more fun every year. I'm not going to go into the family reunion discussion, I've done that in the past. Just know, if you're not coming to this show and you are even remotely interested in professional wrestling...you are missing out. 

We checked in on Wednesday afternoon and got loaded in. This year Mitchell's Mess & More had the most tables they've ever had here - 6! We were along the wall as soon as you entered the vendor's room.


Up every night past midnight...on my feet all day (well, a lot of the day) - but I would've stayed if the show had went on. 

In our little circle of the vendor's room we were joined by friends: Brad Stutts, Court Montgomery, and Graham Cawthon - Vinay Mehta of Vinitude Art - the legendary "Mr. #1" George South and our new friends at Lucha Libre Superstore , where I picked up some cool mini Luchador figure packs!




Of course, I acknowledge my con family: Tre & Mitchell, Adam, and Burke. I love you guys - while we weren't able to be all together this weekend - we were all in each other's minds. 

Shout-out to Marty Damato, the organizer and promoter of this event. Marty and his family put so much work into making a great convention. Thank you all.

Great to see and talk with old friends and new: Clay, Franklin, Kylan, Kyle, Thomas, Danny from Kayfabe Cardboard, Bob Keller, Trey C., Karen, Keisha, J&J Figures.  I know I'm forgetting people and I apologize - my brain is still a little scattered. 

Finally took some signed photos to JSA to get certified. All passed...except for my "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert, sadly...it was "inconclusive"...I was told it may have been signed by Missy Hyatt. 😀  So, if you're interested in buying a great photo of Eddie Gilbert that may have been signed by Missy - let me know. 





Sunday morning it began to set in...last day. A little sad as we broke everything down and loaded out. But...already announced: 



And we'll be there!
_____________________________________________________________________

I'm back with MMM in a couple of weeks for Fourth & Goal's Collector's Jam, August 15th at the Gastonian Hall in Gastonia. 



Before that though, if you happen to be in Myrtle Beach, stop in and see Mitchell & Tre at the Sports Wax Collector's Expo on August 7 & 8




Thanks for reading and remember: Take the Picture!