Tuesday, July 21, 2026

September 2005...and it ended in an auction...and Gathering Time!


Well, it's finally here. Gathering week!  Looking forward to getting out to Charlotte and seeing everybody.  If you get a chance, absolutely come and check out the show - I'll be working the Mitchell's Mess & More tables, so come and buy something!

Today, we jump back to 2005!

September 3 - APW, Spartanburg.  This was the day I first met Thomas Simpson and the Mack Bros (TJ & Kirby).  They came into my life at the right time. I was starting to get a little burned out at APW.  I was still having a lot of fun, but I was wanting to see what else I could shoot out there. I know a lot of people have strong feelings about Thomas and the Macks. I will say that I still speak to all of them to this day. They are among the major figures in my wrestling time and I still count them among my friends. 



The original Dexter Poindexter!



Just threw this in here, because I think it's funny that "Honest" Doug Hawkins beaned Eddie with the bell...as Danny Parris looked on. 


____

Thomas invited Eddie Rich and I to attend Brodie Ray Chase's shows in Greenville. So, on Tuesday, Sept. 6, ER and I drove down to Easley and watched our first Extreme Wrestling Council (EWC) show. Within days we were back for more as Brodie ran shows on Friday, Saturday, as well as Tuesdays.


Behold the wild-eyed Shadow Jackson (one of the first wrestlers we saw there):


__________

Speaking of Honest Doug, here's a couple of shots - both from this month - of Doug telling me I'm number one: 



___________________________________________________

In August, Hurricane Katrina ripped her way through the Southeast, killing over 1300 people. This prompted "Hot Shot" Shane Austin to organize a benefit show that included multiple promotions in the area. Running under the banner of United Wrestling Federation on Sept. 25, it had representatives from: American Pro Wrestling, High Velocity Wrestling, Southern Wrestling Association (Forest City), NWA Anarchy, SWA Extreme, IWA Flash Fire, Mid Atlantic Xtreme Wrestling, Universal Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Council (Greenville SC).  Shannon Moore also appeared to help raise money. 

Click here for some photos from the event!

__________________________________

September also saw the first break up of The UnderGround - Adam Jaxon & Ken Magnum: 




And we went to "Hawg Heaven"to watch New Blood Championship Wrestling at the Mooresboro Fair: 



I believe that is Derrick Driver on the left vs. Kid Chaos.


I know it's a short post this time - summer is just a busy time for everybody. I appreciate everyone reading and giving me feedback. Future posts are most likely going to be larger as in 2005 we starting hitting the road.  

Thanks to you all and remember: Take the Picture!