Thursday, March 7, 2013

Jimmy Valiant Retirement, 12/25/04

This month marks the ninth year I have been involved in pro-wrestling photography (in some aspect).  I was looking through the pictures I took in 2004, looking for one that probably had not seen the light of day in awhile.

The first "Foto Flashback" post on the new site is - Jimmy "Boogie Woogie Man" Valiant from Christmas night, 2004.  In January of that year, I attended my first show at APW in Spartanburg - that night Boogie announced he would be returning on Christmas for his retirement match.  I think we have seen in the years since that Boogie hasn't completely stepped away from the ring but this was his last full-time run as I recall.

You can read about the night in his book: "Woo...Mercy, Daddy!" on pages 539-541.

This was taken with my original camera, the Sony Mavica (which used 3" disks!)



No comments:

Post a Comment